TUDDENHAM st MARY VILLAGE HALL CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1 In the application for the hire of the Tuddenham Village Hall and in these conditions (i) Words importing the singular number shall include the plural and vice versa and words importing the masculine, feminine neuter gender shall include all or any of the masculine or neuter gender.
(ii) "the hall" shall mean the Tuddenham Village Hall
(iii) "the management committee" shall mean the Tuddenham Village Hall and shall include any individual member there for the time being.
(iv) "the hirer" shall mean the signatory of the above application together with any person, firm body or company whom the signatory also stated therein that he has authority to bind.
2. The hirer shall take good care of the hall and shall not cause any damage or permit or suffer any damage to be done to the hall or any parts of the hall or to any fittings, equipment or other property in the hall.
3. The hirer shall make good and pay for any damage to the hall (including any accidental damage) caused by any act, neglect of fault of the hirer, his servants or agents, or any person resorting to the hall or entering or leaving the hall pursuant to or by reason of the use of the hall by the hirer.
4. The hirer shall take appropriate action by informing the Police and the Management Committee of any drug abuse whilst the hall is being used. 5. The management committee shall not be responsible for or accept liability in respect of:-
(1) any damage, theft, or loss of any property whatsoever place, deposited, brought into or left in the hall either by the hirer for his use or purpose or by any other person, or left or deposited with any officer or servant of the management committee arising in any way out of the hiring.
(2) any loss, damage, injury or death which may be incurred by or be done or happen to the hirer or any person or persons in his employ or any of his sub-contractors or by or to any other person or persons resorting to the hall during or by reason of the hiring of the hall by the hirer and arising from any cause whatsoever.
(3) any loss due too any breakdown of machinery, failure of supply of electricity, leakage of waster, fire, government restriction, of act of God which may result in the hall being temporarily closed or the hire to be interrupted or cancelled.
6.The hirer shall be liable for any loss, damage, injury, personal injury or death which may be incurred by or be done or happen to the hirer or any person or persons in his employ or any of his sub-contractors or by or to any other person or persons resorting to the hall by reason of the hiring or use of the hall by the hirer.
7. The hirer shall fully indemnify the management committee from and against all actions proceedings, suits, cost, claims, damages, loss, demands, expenses and liability whatsoever in respect of any injury (including fatal injury) death or damage to any person or to any property arising in any directly or indirectly out of or accruing through or in connection with the hiring or use of the hall by the hirer.
8. The hirer shall leave the furniture of the hall as found, including wiping down all tables used before putting away, and will leave the hall in a clean and tidy condition, and will be responsible for checking that all electric lights, heating and all equipment has been turned off completely, all windows and doors securely closed before locking and returning keys.
9. Until this form, duly completed, has been received, and RETURNABLE DEPOSIT (Minimum deposit TWENTY POUNDSO has been paid to booking secretary, no engagement will be booked. The HIRE FEE shall be paid in full to booking secretary on DAY OF HIRING. KEY to be collected from 62 High Street, unless alternative arrangements have been made for collecting and returning key. THE RETURN OF DEPOSIT is at the DISCRETION OF THE HALL MANAGEMENT, ON THE SATISFACTORY CONDITION THAT THE HALL IS LEFT IN. ( SEE CLAUSE 8)
10. The hirer will have the right to a refund of deposit paid to the committee, on receipt of a written cancellation , no less than SEVEN CLEAR DAYS prior to the booking date. All refunds are at the discretion of the management committee.
11. DECORATIONS used in the hall must be types that can be tied to the beams. NO DRAWING PINS OR SELOTAPE ETC. TO BE USED. FOIL HANGING DECORATIONS. BALLOONS ETC MAY BE TIED TO THE BEAMS.
12. The hall DOES NOT HOLD A LIQUOR LICENCE. ALL HIRERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN BAR LICENCE FOR EACH EVENT.
13. The Hall is a smoke free zone, SMOKE ALARMS ARE FITTED IN MAIN HALL, if these go off, the hall must be evacuated immediately.
14. NO INFLATABLES (i.e. BOUNCY CASTLES etc ) are allowed inside the building. Permission must be sought to erect outside on the patio area. NO BALL GAMES ALLOWED i e . Football, basketball, or similar.
15. NO DRY ICE MACHINE may be used., as this damages the floor.
16. PLEASE NOTE THE LIMITATION OF NUMBER of persons attending functions.
17. MUSIC MUST STOP BY 11.45 P.M. and must be kept to a reasonable level. The hall must be cleared and vacated half an hour after end of hire time. EVERYTHING MUST BE TAKEN FROM THE HALL AT THE END OF HIRE.
TUDDENHAM MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE.
( Please read the Data Protection section )